DevOps Engineer - Remote (USA or Canada)
Phreesia (Ottawa, ON, Canada)
Posted: May 8
Location: Remote (USA or Canada)
Salary Range: We provide competitive compensation packages, including equity for all employees.
Who We Want:
Do you have a passion for scripting and coding in Chef?
Do you consider yourself a team player who enjoys working with other engineers?
Does the idea of creating innovative solutions for millions of people in healthcare excite you?
At Phreesia, our DevOps Engineers play a critical role in partnering with Product Development, Data Center Operations, and QA teams to deliver our SaaS solutions to the world. This individual is responsible for developing build and release frameworks and tools to ensure that software is being correctly built, tested, packaged, and deployed through development, test, and production environments.
What You'll Do:
- Work with other Development teams to provide a framework for building, testing and packaging their code in a consistent, reusable way
- Create and support automated processes for deploying and configuring applications in multiple environments using Chef, Atlassian Bamboo, Octopus Deploy and similar tools
- Create and support applications and APIs to provide insight into application state and integrations with other systems
- Build and maintain frameworks to allow other internal teams to deploy and provision new resources
- Work with Team Architects to troubleshoot problems in both the build and deployment process and deployed systems
- Participate in release/milestone planning and scheduling as part of an Agile development team
- Learn the US Healthcare system and how customers use our products
- Deploy .NET based service-oriented web applications into production to a fast-paced deployment schedule
What You'll Need:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics
- Overall 5-10 years of experience with at least 3 years experience as asoftware developer
- Experience designing and implementing tasks in Continuous Integration systems (Bamboo, Cruisecontrol.net, Jenkins,etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing workflows with Artifact Management systems (Proget, Artifactory, etc)
- Experience with supporting application deployments to AWS
- Experience with infrastructure management tools (Terraform, VMware, etc)
- Windows Server and IIS setup and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with PowerShell
- Git repository management experience
- Development experience with Ruby and Chef
- Experience with Windows and Linuxadministration
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care. Our solutions are in all 50 states, and we check in 70 million patients a year!
Basically, what you are doing here matters and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients we also care about our employees. We are proud to say that we have grown 40% each year and consistently continue to do so. If you crave working with driven and engaged colleagues, a structured sales process, consistent recognition, defined career path, and enjoy working in revamped new areas, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in our offices
- Mobile phone stipends, monthly subway pass reimbursement and Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.