Backend Engineer - Driver Acquisition Team (Golang)
Posted: May 13, 2019
Driver Acquisition Team @Heetch
We're a thoughtful and extremely talented full-stack product team. We're hiring for talent, not location, that is why you will find members of our group based remotely throughout Europe. Our mission is quite simple; Revolutionise the European and International Driver signup and application experience. Drivers use and rely on the products we build every single day to earn a living. A responsibility that we hold dear and do not take for granted.
Backend within Driver Growth
The services we support and the code we ship are critical to the business. Be it a potential driver going through our acquisition funnel or the launch of a new offer in a City, the impact our backend engineers have on the business as a whole is enormous.
Our team's values:
- Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our speak up culture is strong.
- Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Lyon, Bruxelles or Casablanca.
- The courage to fail: We celebrate the wins, but more importantly we're not afraid to fail, we always learn and go again.
- Team Unity: No one is left behind.
- Code quality: It's not software without tests.
What will be your role?
We're looking for like-minded, product-focused Engineers that are ready for a challenge and want to have an impact at scale.
Does it sound like you?
- You've got more than 6 years of experience as a software engineer including two years working with Go in production.
- You've worked with microservices in Production.
- You're eager to improve on and push boundaries with Golang.
- You show a track record of designing elegant APIs that are easy to use and well documented.
- You have a full event-driven mindset.
- You're not afraid of leaving your comfort zone.
- You are ready to make an impact at scale.
- If you've worked with Ruby and Kafka in Production, it's a plus.
What will you do?
- Work with engineers to design, build, ship and maintain microservices in production
- When needs must, debug issues direct on production spanning multiple services and stacks.
- Contribute to architectural and design decisions, at scale, around our microservice and event-driven architecture.
- Help design and build, from the ground up, a modularized signup platform to fuel our growth.
- Work on large scale extraction projects, as we migrate legacy systems (Ruby), into our event-driven architecture.
- Work directly with local signup teams to help automate and expedite Driver applications.
- Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
- Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
- Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued by a new tech or library? Go for it! Let's see how it improves our services.
- Have product ownership by working closely with Product, mobile and data teams. It's not just about writing code.
What will be your main challenges?
The opportunity and challenge ahead for the Driver Acquisition team is immense and will help facilitate the companies continued growth. This team is responsible for the entire acquisition and signup suite of products, which includes but is not limited to, Driver signup & application, Driver referral and Driver onboarding & training as well as building tools for the Ops and Care teams that manage driver applications. Our multi-disciplined team allow us to work autonomously across the realms of our scope - Basically, this means that we own our roadmap entirely, and we empower each team member to contribute and influence how and what we work on.
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
- Non-technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
- Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
- Interview with your future teammates (1h)
- Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders