Senior Full Stack Ruby Engineer
GeoTix (Traverse City, MI)
Posted: Apr 25
We are looking for a talented software engineer committed to his or her craft to become a key member of the growing GeoTix dev team. At Geotix, you will join a small team of committed developers to build the most powerful event ticketing platform on the market.
- You will work as a trusted peer on a small team to implement new features.
- You will take turns leading feature releases coordinating a team of your peers.
- You will help guide and influence our approach
Who you are:
- Ruby expert - you have a love and mastery of Ruby
- Excellent coding and design skills
- Experience delivering sophisticated web applications
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Clear communication skills
Who we are:
We love Ruby. We use frameworks (Rails, Ember, React) and language extensions (Sass, Haml, CoffeeScript), but we think they belong on the outside of architecture and you shouldn’t have to program in 5 languages to deliver a feature. (We do that using voom-presenters, a pure ruby view layer.) Although we prefer the productivity and elegance of Ruby, we have code across the whole stack.
Salary and Benefits
Our pay is competitive and based on your experience. We fund attendance and participation in tech conferences and support and/or contributions to open source projects that we use or create. Relocation assistance is available.
You can work with us in beautiful Traverse City MI, or work remotely. Remote employees should have a four or more hour overlap in work hours with the Eastern Time zone (EST/UTC-5), and must attend the daily stand-ups and weekly development meetings.