Production Engineer (SRE)
Clio (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Posted: May 14
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer, Production to join our rapidly expanding team. This role can be performed from one of our offices (Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto) or remotely.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere.
With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 250 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starting and self-governing learner and worker who is adept at breaking down intractable problems into achievable pieces and iterating on them.
- You are curious by nature and love to dig deep on problems, always asking “Why?”.
- You communicate in a clear and concise manner, regardless of medium (text, voice, and in-person).
- You are a rational and critical thinker, with an inclination for evidence-based decision making.
- You have strong opinions that are weakly held.
- You have a team-first mentality and will naturally step in to support co-workers when you perceive them to be in difficulty.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be creating, improving, and maintaining a globally distributed mesh of Clio service regions that acts as a foundation for each of our clients across the world to excel within their respective jurisdictions.
- You will be nurturing and evolving the development ecosystem at Clio by providing the tools, infrastructure, and services that our developers rely on to transform the practice of law, for good.
- You’ll be recognizing opportunities for process improvement or automation and then writing clean, maintainable code in order to erase the manual task or nullify the pain point.
What you should have:
- Experience writing clean, maintainable scripts, services, and utilities both for your own personal use as well as for distribution to other users (specific experience in Ruby, Shell, or Go considered an asset).
- Experience administering Debian GNU/Linux systems and networks (specific experience with Puppet considered an asset).
- Experience holistically administering MySQL (everything from configuring the underlying filesystem to tuning SQL queries and schema design).
- Experience working with the common cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) as well as with bare hardware.